To support the mental health programs in Uganda and ensure improved mental health of all citizens
Our Core values
Integrity, Transparency, Teamwork, Accountability, Professionalism, Human rights,
• To promote continuous education in the field of psychiatry throughout the country.
• To promote research in general and specific psychiatric issues affecting Uganda in particular.
• To promote high quality and evidence based mental health service delivery.
• To advise Government, Universities and professional bodies in general and influence training programmes of psychiatry in Uganda in particular.
• To promote cooperation in science and the welfare of the members of the Association through regular professional meetings.
• To improve communication between the members and other professional bodies in Uganda and the rest of the world.
• To promote the image of psychiatry in Uganda guided by high ethical practices.
• To advocate for the human rights concerns for the mentally sick in the country.
How to become a member of UPA ?
The Uganda Psychiatric Association is ever growing and we welcome new members who would want to be apart of this growth